Google Analytics

Friday, January 20, 2012

An Update!

Awhile back, I listed my favorite restaurants west of the Mississippi, and I need to modify that list.

Los Olivos Cafe has been a long time favorite.  However, they have a new chef.  We were there for dinner the first week he was on the job.  The result with one of our favorites was not good.  But it was his first week so it is only fair to give him a second chance.
 So, about three months after our first encounter with the new chef, we tried again.  Understand that it involves a 250 mile one way trip from Southern California to the Santa Ynez Valley.

The menu has been significantly changed, and it is now half pizza.  Well , that may enchant rich gentlemen farmers in the Santa Ynez Valley, but it is not worth driving all day to eat.

So the Los Olivos Cafe is off my list.

But the good news is that I have two replacements.  They are both in Palm Springs.  One is Zen and the food is inventive and delicious.  The other is Trio where the menu is also extremely thoughtful.  However, be warned about Trio.  The noise is extreme, but I guess that is part of the charm.

Enjoy. 

No comments: