Google Analytics

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Insanity In Healthcare Costs!!

When I quit smoking cigarettes a very long time ago, the prevailing wisdom was that every two years you no longer smoked offset each year you did smoke.  Turns out that is not true.  You damage your lungs with the first puff and that damage stays for the rest of your life.  Incidentally, that is also true for second hand smoke!!

Anyway, I now have to use an inhaler daily.  A three month supply arrived today.  I think you will find the mathematics of interest.

Benefit Provider Paid                 $601.68
Co-Pay Amount                          $  40.00

Total Cost for this order            $641.68 

I spent enough of my life with pricing to know that the numbers above contain a huge amount of insanity.  I just don't know where it is!!
 


No comments: