Google Analytics

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Name For The Rest Of Us

I have been going on about the rapidly developing two (maybe three) tier economy.  I called the wealth grabbers The Richy Riches, but I did not have a cute name for the rest of us.  Now I do, and I owe it to Robert Menzies, the Prime Minister of Australia in 1942.

He called us the "forgotten people of the middle class" because 1) we are not rich enough to be influential, 2) not organized enough to make our numbers felt, and 3) too often taken for granted by politicians.


Anyone have a better suggestion?

If we don't get jobs for the 15 million unemployed Americans and better jobs for the 15 million under-employed Americans, we are going to need a name for the under class of people who are never going to work again.

No comments: